The Archaeological Park of Paestum (which includes museum and archaeological area) is open every day - except on the 25th of December and the 1st of January - from 8:30am to 7:30pm (last entry 6:50pm).
In the period from October to March, the archaeological area is fully usable until sunset, after which only the southern Sanctuary with the temple of Neptune and the Basilica can be visited.
Therefore, the gate of Porta Cerere (north entrance of the archaeological area) closes at sunset according to the following timetable:
• from the 1st to the 26th of October 2019: closing time 6:00pm;
• from the 27th of October to the 20th of December 2019: closing time 5:30pm;
• from the 21st of December 2019 to the 31st of January 2020: closing time 5:00pm;
• from the 1st to the 29th of February 2020: closing time 5:30pm;
• from the 1st to the 28th of March 2020: closing time 6:00pm.
The entrance to the main gate, opposite the temple of Neptune (south entrance of the archaeological area) is open until 19:30 and access is allowed until 18:50.
The museum is closed every Monday, except the 6th of January 2020 (special opening).
Tickets can be purchased up to 40 minutes before closing time.
After sunset the archaeological area can be used only for the illuminated path - area of the tempio of Neptune and so-called Basilica.
The Archaeological Park of Paestum allows free entry on the following days:
• every first Sunday of the month from January to December 2020* (in these days it is not possible to enter the temple of Neptune);
• every Thursday afternoon from 6:00pm to 7:30pm (last entry 6:50pm)
* Sunday, 1 March the initiative of the Ministry for Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism, which provides free admission to museums, archaeological parks and other places of state culture throughout Italy every first Sunday of the month, will be suspended.